Leadership requires gaining collaboration and consensus from co-workers, management, peer departments, clients, and partners.
- Establish Connection: If they don’t trust you, nothing you say will matter.
- Gain Engagement: Twenty seconds to win their desire to interact with you.
- Understand Perspective: You need to appreciate their needs to envision collaboration.
- Propose Solutions: Integrate their needs with yours to show how you can move forward together.
- Resolve Issues: It’s not you against them; it’s you and them against the problem.
- Gain Agreement: Every discussion has a next step.